Mother's Day, a commemorative occasion to laud and convey gratitude towards the plethora of maternal figures present in our lives - foster mothers, godmothers, stepmothers, grandmothers or even those endowed with a motherly benevolence towards you.
We always give her a Mother's Day gift or take her out to enjoy a delicious meal. However, no matter what we give her, a Mother's Day card with your own message must be included.
To make a Mother's Day card as memorable as possible, we're offering some tips on what to write in it. The motivational Mother's Day quotes and grateful messages we have collected here will be of great assistance if you decide to stick with something sentimental. Maybe you'd rather use a little more humor to express yourself. In any case, we've got you covered there.
What to Write in a Mother's Day Card
We have put together some touching Mother’s Day card messages for all the moms in your life. We also compiled all the best quotes as well. Please check them out with us
General Wishes to Write in a Mother's Day Card
- Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I hope you spend today relaxing, eating all of your favorite foods, and feeling very loved.
- Have a blessed day, to the woman who has given me a blessed life.
- Hoping you get lots of sleep and even more love this Mother's Day!
- Wishing you the very best day ever, Mom. You deserve it!
- You’re my mom. You’re my friend. You’re everything to me.
- Marriage made you my mother-in-law. Love made you my friend.
- Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. Thanks for taking a risk on me.
- Thanks for teaching me what a great mom really means.
- The way you’ve made me part of your family and care for me like one of your own makes me feel loved in a way I’ve never known.
- To the mother of the love of my life, a devoted grandmother to my children, and the best bonus mom I could ask for—Happy Mother's Day!
- Today and every day, I see you, I appreciate you, and I love you!
- When it comes to mothers-in-law, I won the lottery. Happy Mother's Day.
- You always know what to say, what to bring and what to do. Teach me your ways, oh wise one!
- You really have been like a mother to me, and for that, I'm so thankful. Happy Mother's Day!
For Your Stepmom
- I didn’t start my life loving you, but now I can’t imagine life without you.
- In you, I have a mom and a friend. It’s like the world’s best buy-one-get-one-free offer!
- Thank you for making our home a welcoming, loving place
- The universe knew I needed you in my life. So glad to have you as my “bonus Mom.”
- The universe knew I needed you in my life. So glad to have you as my bonus Mom.
- When we met you, we didn’t know what to expect. But you totally blew us away with how fun and loving you are. Talk about the best surprise ever!
- You didn’t have to fall in love with us when you fell in love with [Dad/Mom], but we’re so glad you did. And we love you right back.
- You don't like my mom, and I genuinely appreciate that. It’s taught me to see love in so many different ways.
- You never tried to replace anyone—you simply came into my life and offered more love. And I can’t thank you enough for that generosity.
- You showed me that stepmoms aren’t evil. You also taught me that some frogs stay frogs. Thanks for setting the record straight.
For Your Grandma
- For all you’ve gone through, all you are and all the love you share, we love you, Grandmama.
- Gran, your strength is the foundation we all stand on.
- Grandma, your love has shaped me in lasting ways.
- I could surely use a grandma hug right now.
- Nana, you’ve taught me so much about love and family.
- Thanks for all the cookies and love. And cookies. Did I mention cookies?
- You are the cornerstone of our family.
- You don’t just give love, you are love. And we love you so much, too.
- You went above and beyond to help raise me and it’s given us such a special connection.
- You’re the best listener, the best cook, the best friend…basically, the best grandma I could ask for.
For Someone Like a Mother
- Auntie, there’s simply no one else like you. I’m so blessed we’re family…and that we’re friends.
- Every time my heart said “I need a/my mom,” you were there.
- Happy Mother’s Day to an amazing woman I’ll always admire, appreciate and love!
- I’m forever grateful, and I look up to you more than you know.
- Just wanted to recognize you on Mother’s Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life.
- We hope it doesn’t come as a surprise that we’re thinking of you today. After all, you’ve loved us just like a mom.
- With love to an amazing human…from someone who hopes to be half as amazing as you someday.
- You’ve been like a mom to me—someone I can tell anything and ask anything. Thank you for being such an important person in my life.
For Your Wife or Partner
- Creativity, laughter, dedication…there’s so much to admire in the way you do motherhood day in and day out.
- For the wife who is a stepmom to her spouse’s child: Thank you for being such a wonderful mother to my daughter. It means so much to see the way you care for her…and the way she loves you, too.
- From the moment we met, you’ve had my heart. And seeing you as a mom only makes me love you more.
- I love our family, and I love you.
- I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love and parenthood with someone as creative and fun as you.
- Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day for our family. The kids and I are so lucky to have you.
- You are more beautiful than ever to me.
- You hold us down, lift us up and keep us together—all with your love.
- You’re a boss mama and a beautiful woman, too. I love everything about you.
For Your Sister or Friend
- Celebrating the amazing mom you are to your own kids and the wonderful aunt you are to mine!
- I always knew you’d be a great mom someday.
- I believe in my heart that someday we’ll once again pee alone.
- I’m so grateful to have a friend and fellow mom like you in my life. Thank you for helping me deal with all the ups and downs of motherhood!
- I'm so glad we got to figure out motherhood together. Thanks for being my cheapest therapist
- It has been amazing watching you grow into such a phenomenal mom.
- So glad our kids are cousins!
- So glad we’re moms together—it’s one more sweet thing we get to share.
- We started as mom-friends, but now we’re just plain friends. I’m so glad we are. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You’re an amazing friend, and you’re a mom I admire so much.
For a Mother-to-Be or a New Mother
- Bet you’ve never felt so tired or so blessed in your life. Welcome to motherhood. You’re already rocking it.
- Can just imagine how meaningful today is with a new little one in your life. Enjoy!
- Everyone jokes about spoiling the baby. When can I come over and help spoil the NEW MOM? You deserve it!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a mom who’s already shown her baby so much love.
- Happy Mother’s Day to our favorite mom-to-be with lots of love and anticipation!
- Happy Mother-to-Be Day! I can tell you’re going to make such a good mom!
- That sweet baby isn’t the only one who should be pampered—today’s all for you!
- Wishing you so much love and joy today as you wait for the arrival of your little one!
- You are off to such a sweet start as a mom. Happy First Mother’s Day!
- You’re joining the mom club! Hope this Mother’s Day will be the first of many special ones for you.
- You’ve got crayon-drawn Mother’s Day cards in your future, along with big hugs from your lucky little one!
Funny Mother's Day Messages
- Happy Mother’s Day, from your favorite child. (It’s okay, I haven’t told the others.)
- I love that we have the perfect parent-child relationship. You're perfect, and I'm your child!
- If I ever win the lottery, I’m totally making sure you get all the overtime pay you deserve for being our family’s taxi driver, on-call nurse, personal shopper, and referee.
- May your to-do list be empty and your wine glass stays full.
- Mom turned upside down spells WOW!
- Mom, I love you, even though I’ll never accept your friend request.
- Roses are red, violets are blue. I brought you this Mother’s Day card…mind if I raid the fridge, too?
- This Mother’s Day, I’d like to propose a deal—I’ll promise to visit more often if you’ll promise to stop referring to the dog as my brother. Agreed?
- Who needs superheroes when the world has moms like you?
- You are one hot mama
- You're going to be so proud that I remembered to send a card!
When You Cannot Be Together
- Even though we won’t get to celebrate Mother’s Day together, it’s a good feeling knowing we’re still connected in a way that’s bigger than any distance.
- Happy Mother’s Day from afar to a phenomenal mom. Miss you!
- Happy Mother’s Day! Wish I could be right there next to you talking and laughing the day away.
- Have a great Mother’s Day. Can’t wait ’til the next time I get to see you!
- I miss being with you on Mother’s Day, but I’m holding you close in my heart and hoping it’s a happy one for you.
- Lifting a mimosa in your honor on Mother’s Day. Cheers from across the miles!
- Near or far, I’m always so grateful for the wonderful mom you are.
- Planted some pansies today in your honor. Happy Mother’s Day to someone I love and miss so much!
- Sending love and hugs across the miles to the best mom ever.
- Thinking of all our fun Mother’s Day traditions and wishing I could be there to celebrate with you today.
- Wishing we were there to remind you in person how much we love you, Mom.
Inspirational Quotes to Use for Mother's Day
- "A mother's love liberates." —Maya Angelou
- "All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." —Abraham Lincoln
- "I really saw clearly, and for the first time, why a mother is really important. Not just because she feeds and also loves and cuddles and even mollycoddles a child, but because in an interesting and maybe an eerie and unworldly way, she stands in the gap. She stands between the unknown and the known.”—Maya Angelou
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." —Hermann Hesse
- "Life doesn't come with a manual. It comes with a mother." Unknown
- "Moms are patient gardeners who plant the seeds of love in their children, then watch them bloom." —Unknown
- "My Mother is a Walking Miracle." —Leonardo DiCaprio
- "My mother is a walking miracle." —Leonardo DiCaprio
- "My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her." —Jodi Picoult
- "The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation." —James E. Faust
- "The only thing that matters is happiness. That's the only healthy relationship between a parent and a child. That's the only thing that can raise a child truly, is love." —Rhianna
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
- “I think motherhood is just so humbling. You realize how ill-prepared we all are, how little we know." —Drew Barrymore
- “I would say that my mother is the single biggest role model in my life, but that term doesn’t seem to encompass enough when I use it about her. She was the love of my life.” —Mindy Kaling
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.” —Leroy Brownlow
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” —William Makepeace Thackeray
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
- “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” —Unknown
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” —Susan Gale
- “My mother always taught me to be strong and to never be a victim. Never make excuses. Never expect anyone else to provide for me things I know I can provide for myself.” —Beyonce
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. ” —Jodi Picoult
- “One hundred percent my mother, who would always say, “If you want something done, do it yourself.” She must have said that 100 times to me – as a child, as a young woman, yesterday on the phone.” —Reese Witherspoon
- “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” —Maxim Grosky
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” —James E. Faust
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “You can be a good mom and still work out, get your rest, have a career – or not. My mother encouraged me to find that balance.” —Michelle Obama
- “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
Tips for Writing a Perfect Mother's Day Card
The first and most important thing to remember is to keep it simple and write from the heart. Before you put pen to paper, consider the following steps.
It can be difficult to put into words just how much our mothers mean to us. That's why thoughtful planning is necessary when crafting a sincere message for Mother's Day.
Take some time beforehand to brainstorm meaningful anecdotes or special moments with your mom that highlight all she means to you.
Be specific and detailed
It's always more valuable to use specific examples rather than generalizations when expressing your gratitude. For instance, you might say "I will never forget the time you stayed up all night to help me with my school project" rather than just "thank you for always being there for me."
Additionally, be detailed about your wishes when you write them in your Mother’s card. Make sure that your wishes are clear and convey your mother's needs and interests.
Choose the right words and tone
Try to make your words happy and encouraging because mother’s day is a day to celebrate and honor mothers.
While writing mother’s day cards we should avoid talking about any unpleasant or painful memories.
Why We Need to Write in a Mother's Day Card
Express Gratitude and Appreciation
The primary point of a Mother's Day card should be to express your gratitude. You can remind her of all the loving, enduring, and caring things she has done for you over the years.
Just tell her old stories about how she helped you get through difficult times or celebrated you when you accomplished something new.
A Lasting Keepsake
A Mother's Day card is a meaningful and lasting gift that your mother can keep and cherish for years to come.
Sometimes, even when you are not with her, she can read the card to remind herself of you.
You can show how much you value and appreciate your relationship with her by writing down your feelings and thoughts. As a result, the two of you can develop a stronger bond.
There are many factors to consider when deciding what to write in a Mother card, from sharing specific words to share your appreciation to choosing the right tone.
You can write a message that will make every mother in your life feel extra special and loved with a little time and effort.
Don't forget to put this card in the gift box. If you still haven't had any ideas of unique gift for your mother, please read our article