- 1 What to write in a Christmas card?
- 2 Happy Christmas wishes for your best friend
- 3 Christmas wishes for long-distance friends
- 4 Sweet Christmas love messages for girlfriend
- 5 Romantic Christmas messages for him (Your boyfriend)
- 6 Meaningful Christmas wishes for family
- 6.1 Christmas wishes to parents
- 6.2 Best sweet Christmas wishes to Mom
- 6.3 Christmas wishes for Dad
- 6.4 Christmas wishes for Sister
- 6.5 Christmas wishes for Brother
- 6.6 Christmas wishes for son
- 6.7 Christmas message for daughter to show love & care
- 6.8 Short Christmas wishes for wife
- 6.9 Funny Christmas wishes for husband
- 7 Christmas wishes for my boss
- 8 Christmas wishes for colleagues or coworkers
- 9 How to Say Merry Christmas in Different Languages
- 9.1 How To Say Merry Christmas in English
- 9.2 How To Say Merry Christmas in German
- 9.3 How To Say Merry Christmas in Spanish
- 9.4 How To say merry Christmas in French
- 9.5 How to Say Merry Christmas in the Philippines
- 9.6 How To Say Merry Christmas in Italian
- 9.7 Merry Christmas in Croatian
- 9.8 Merry Christmas in Chinese
- 9.9 Merry Christmas in Dutch
- 9.10 Merry Christmas in Japanese
- 9.11 Merry Christmas in Hindi
- 9.12 How to Say Merry Christmas in Different Languages
- 9.13 Warm Closings
What to write in a Christmas card?
It’s not long until Christmas, the most beautiful season of the year…
Choosing Christmas gifts is hard, then thinking about what to write on a Christmas card is even more complicated, it happens every year and you don’t want it to be boring.
Everyone dear to you including your friends, family, spouse, lover, relatives, or colleagues, expects some sweet Christmas wishes from you. Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to show the love and warmth your heart holds for them. Spread and share the spirit of Christmas by sending them a Christmas wish/message. Pick the one you like and send it as a text message or social media post or use them to write on your Christmas wish card this year!
Happy Christmas wishes for your best friend
- “Peace and joy to you and yours this Christmas season.”
- “Wishing you a very merry Christmas and the chance to do lots more fishing in the new year!”
- “Thinking warmly of each of you and wishing your family an extra measure of comfort, joy, and hope this Christmas.”
- “Have your best Christmas ever!”
- “Merry Christmas with lots of love,”
- “We hope you have a nice, relaxing Christmas, Shanice!”
- “I hope your holiday season is full of good things.”
- “Praying you to have a wonderful Christmas filled with moments you’ll always remember.”
- “May your season be merry and your presents underwear-free (unless you really need some!).”
- “So grateful to have a friend like you at Christmas and all year long.”
Writing tip: When the card has already said it all or you just feel like keeping things short and sweet, a straightforward “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays” message might be just what Santa ordered.
Christmas wishes for long-distance friends
- Happy holiday, my beloved friend. Wish you all the good things and the yummiest feast this holiday season. I miss hanging out with you during the holiday season.
- Though you are far, you are always close to my heart. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas blessed with happiness and success.
- To my friends who are far away, I love you all and hope you have a splendid Christmas this season. Merry Christmas.
- Merry Christmas! There is no distance too far between friends, for friendship gives wings to the heart. Missing you this Christmas!
- It has been many years since you have been far away. The holy festival reminds me of you, and it aches in my heart that you are not here. Sending my warm wishes through this message.
- Merry Christmas, friend! Even if you are away from home, our abundant love is on its way to your heart!
Sweet Christmas love messages for girlfriend
- My favorite thing about Christmas is getting to spend it with you.
- There’s no one else I’d rather make Christmas memories with.
- Getting to love you is the best gift I’ve ever been given. Love you so much.
- Sharing this life with you is all my heart could ever want.
- Another Christmas, and still nothing warms my heart like you.
- Loving you is an addiction that I don’t want to recover from. You’re my drug and I’m dependent on it. Merry Christmas!
- I would refuse to go to heaven if you were not there. I’d accept to be in hell if you’re there. Merry Christmas my love!
- I can’t wait to spend this Christmas with you. I have so many dreams to fulfill and so much love to show you! Merry Christmas!
- I can spend a thousand Christmas just by looking at your beautiful eyes. I don’t need to say anything; my eyes will tell you how much love I have for you!
- So long as the earth keeps spinning and the moon shines brightly at night, my love for you will never end! Merry Christmas!
- You are in my life, so my life has meaning. Without you in my life, it would be only dreaming. I love you so much and wish you a Merry Christmas!
- For Christmas, I am sending you 100 cuddles and 1000 kisses because I love you more than anything else.
- You make me happy in many ways, but tonight you only need to be with me and welcome the son of God in our hearts. Merry Christmas.
- You are the one for me in my life. Without you, I won’t survive. You are my life, my soul, and You are in my every role. Merry Christmas my love!
- I love you and I have no words to show. I love you and I want you to know On this special occasion of Christmas, Merry Christmas!
Gift Ideas For Your Girlfriend: Handmade Wooden Heart Spoon Personalized Gift For Your Girlfriend
Romantic Christmas messages for him (Your boyfriend)
- You’re on my nice list. (But feel free to try for the naughty list if you want.)
- You’re the most loving, charming, and incredible man I’ve ever met. This Christmas, I want you to know that I love you from the bottom of my heart!
- The evergreen Christmas tree reminds me of the lasting love we share together. Thank you for being the best boyfriend I could ever hope to find.
- With you close by my side I know that this Christmas is going to be the best I’ve ever had. You’re perfect for me. Have a wonderful Christmas, darling!
- Whether we’re kissing under the mistletoe, cuddling by the fire, or opening presents by the tree, we’ll be making holiday memories that will last forever. I’m looking forward to spending each moment of this special season with you!
- This Christmas, let’s celebrate the amazing love we share. I don’t need any fancy presents under the tree. As long as I have you, it’s going to be the best holiday season ever. I love you!
Meaningful Christmas wishes for family
Spending your Christmas time with your family is perhaps one of the most precious moments in your life! Never forget to thank all the members of your family one by one and show them that you really care and you are really happy being together. Find below many sweet Christmas wishes to share with your family during these holy moments.
Christmas wishes to parents
- “Having parents like you is the best Christmas gift there ever could be.”
- “So glad we’re family…and so grateful for all the great Christmas memories we share.”
- “Merry Christmas with thanks and love,”
- “Looking forward to all the food and fun of our family gatherings.”
- “Christmas is a great reminder of how much I love our loud and loving family.”
Best sweet Christmas wishes to Mom
This Christmas, let your mother know how much you love and appreciate her for all the things she does. These warm holiday greetings and Christmas wishes for Mom, will fill her heart with joy.
- Mom, the true meaning of Christmas is found in you. Thank you for blessing us with all you do.
- Mom, Christmas is about giving, and no one gives more than you. May this Christmas bless you as much as you bless me.
- Mother, may the peace of Christmas fill your heart this season.
- You make Christmas merry and I am looking forward to getting home and spending time with you this year, Mom. Until then, I’ll carry the memories in my heart.
- Mom, when I smell fresh gingerbread baking, I think of you. You always make Christmas special and delicious.
- Mom, you gave me the gift of a wonderful childhood. I will forever cherish those memories, especially of Christmas. Thank you for loving me well.
- The heart of the Christmas holiday has always been you, Mom.
- Mom, you are the best at decking the halls and trimming the tree. May this Christmas season bring you joy and peace.
- Mom, like the song, says, “Let your heart be light.” You deserve a merry little Christmas.
- You’re someone who helps me remember the true reason for the season, and I’m so grateful for you.
Christmas wishes for Dad
- Merry Christmas to someone who makes our whole family so proud.
- Dad, you made me believe. May your Christmas be full of delight.
- When I think of all the toys you assembled on the nights before Christmas, I realize what a dedicated father you were and still are. Thanks for making Christmas mornings beautiful.
- When I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, I was worried. All these years later, I’m relieved to find out it was you! Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas, Dad!
- Do you hear what I hear? It’s the sound of napping after all that cheer! I’m looking forward to our after-Christmas-dinner nap this year, Dad.
- Dad, you are cooler than Frosty the Snowman! Have an amazing Christmas!
- Dad, I miss the way your mustache used to tickle my cheek when I was a kid. It made me imagine how it would feel to get kissed by Santa. Thanks for the loving memories.
- As Kris Kringle walked upon the shingles, We heard his sleigh bells jingle, jingle. Thanks for keeping the magic of Christmas alive, Dad.
- Dad, on Christmas Eve the buck stops here and his name is Rudolph! Thanks for passing along your dad’s humor. I look forward to using it on my kids.
Christmas wishes for Sister
Christmas is a happy season during which people get to share their love. Gifts are just part of the Christmas tradition, but short, beautiful Christmas wishes for a sister could be worth a thousand gifts. There is no better way to express how you feel than putting it in words. The following messages are to be shared among sisters during the festive season.
- My sister, my friend. Forever you will be in my heart, where it counts the most, I cherish you with all my might. I’d pick you on any Christmas list. Merry Christmas!
- My beloved sister, I wish you the best this holiday season. I hope that your world will be filled with laughter and cheer.
- Hey beautiful sister, you may not know it, but you always have a special place in my heart. You give me meaning in life. Cheers!
- Sis, in the stars above, a Christmas wish I send your way. May the spirit of the holidays bring cheer and happiness to you.
- I am writing this to you because I want you to know that even though we are apart. You mean the world to me.
Christmas wishes for Brother
When the Christmas holidays roll around, heartfelt messages sent to our partner, parents, or child may come easily. But Christmas wishes for my brother may be more of a challenge. So, we put together a resource to use when you want the perfect words to tell your brother how much he means to you this Christmas season.
- You know you were always Santa’s favorite, right? I hope he brings you a fantastic Christmas, brother!
- No matter how naughty you were all year, I hope that Santa doesn’t skip over your stockings this year! Merry Christmas to my former partner-in-crime.
- Christmas doesn’t feel the same without you brother
- I look forward to spending another crazy holiday with you again soon!
- May the season be filled with Christmas cheer, dear brother! I raise a glass to you this holiday season.
- I’m so glad we don’t have to take another Christmas photo in our matching holiday outfits anymore, but what great memories!
- Have a great holiday, brother!
- Merry Christmas to the best brother ever I hope you have a fantastic holiday this year.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my favorite brother. You are my only brother, but I still like you the best!
Christmas wishes for son
You always do your best to make the holidays the most special time of the year for your children. With these Merry Christmas Wishes for Son, you can offer a special gift to help him get in the Christmas spirit. Funny wishes and jokes are the best way to create happiness and smiles, so use these delightful and festive messages to bring extra joy to the holidays! Best of all, these wishes will be a gift that he will never forget, helping him create amazing memories of Christmas celebrations to cherish and share with his own kids. Find the best Merry Christmas Wishes for your Son to send from the selection below!
- Merry Christmas Son. No matter how old you get, I hope you’re always filled with the holiday spirit!
- Dear Son, Wherever your journey may take you, I hope you always find your way home for the holidays. Merry Christmas!
- As long as we’re together, son, the holidays will always be merry & bright! Merry Christmas
- Of all the gifts you receive this year, Son, I hope the one you remember most is how much you mean to us. Merry Christmas
- It’s that special time of year… when if the fridge is too full we can just chill the beer outside in the snow! Merry Christmas, Son!
- Merry Christmas to one awesome Son. Ready for ugly sweater parties, craft beers, and singing songs about Rudolph? Cause we sure are! Wishing you an amazing holiday full of festive fun!
- Merry Christmas! Hope you get everything on your wish list this year, Son! As for us, we’re wishing for plenty of quality time with YOU!
- Have a sweet Christmas! Son…somehow you just get puggin’ cooler every year! Enjoy the holiday!
- The holidays are such a busy time. Before I get caught up running around like Santa Claus I just wanted to say: MERRY CHRISTMAS, SON!
- Can’t wait to see your sweet, signature holiday style again this year, Son! Merry Christmas To the life Of the party!
Christmas message for daughter to show love & care
Daughters are a special gift from God who makes every day special but she makes the holidays even more exciting and pleasing especially if she’s married and comes to spend the holidays with you. Christmas is the most awaited occasion and of course, isn’t complete without the gifts to give to your loved ones. So, how is it possible to forget your daughters on this special day? Not at all. Never. Gifts and cards will be the most important and precious gifts for them. So, we are sharing a Merry Christmas message for Daughters to celebrate the season and make them feel happy.
- Merry Christmas Daughter. With each passing year, you shine even more. Wishing you all the wonder of the holiday season.
- Our family is made even more amazing because of you. Merry Christmas to our daughter and son-in-law!
- You are one of the most precious gifts that we have ever been blessed with. We wanted you to know that. Merry Christmas!
- The two of you make give our lives even more meaning, Daughter and Son-in-Law! May your holiday be as wonderful as yours! Merry Christmas!
- You have grown up so fast. I sometimes wish that we could go back to a time when you peaked at me from under your blanket as I tried to sneak presents under the tree. I saw you, but knowing that you were happy meant the world to me. Merry Christmas, Daughter!
- To My Beautiful Daughter. May you have more smiles and moments of sheer happiness this holiday season than you ever imagined possible!
- We have seen you grow from a girl into a successful woman. That’s one of the best gifts that we have ever received! Merry Christmas!
- You have always kept us enchanted. There’s just something magical about you, Daughter! Merry Christmas!
- You have gotten so many gifts from us, Daughter. Christmas is a time to treasure and appreciate them. Do I need to discuss the fabulous personality, cute smile, and great style sense that we’ve already given you? Now you want more Christmas gifts?
- Because of you, we have precious memories that have given us an abundance of happiness in our lives and love in our hearts. Merry Christmas to You!
Short Christmas wishes for wife
Nothing works better than sending a Christmas message to your wife to make her holiday special and spice up the romance between you two. Sometimes it seems daunting to come up with the right words, but we are here to help you with what to write on your wife’s Christmas cards. You can choose your desired wish from our compilation of warm and romantic Christmas wishes for your wife and convey your love for her with the right emotions in a blink. Please have a look below and find your favorable wish for the most lovely woman in your life. Shower your love on her and make this Christmas a season to remember for her.
- Thanks for making my life a joyous festival all year long. Having you is my true blessing. Merry Christmas, Wife!
- Christmas is about love and love means you. Merry Christmas to you, my dear wife.
- Merry Christmas, the love of my life. Thanks for lighting up my heart in every possible way. Every day feels like Christmas ever since I had you in my life, dear wife. I hope you feel the same.
- This festive season, your love is the most beautiful décor that I need for my heart. I wish you a Merry Happy Christmas, my love.
- Words will always fall short of expressing how much I adore, respect, and love you. Wishing you a very merry Christmas, sweetheart.
- Wishing a magical Christmas to the most amazing woman in the world. I hope you have a blessed Christmas this year.
- Merry Christmas to the most special woman in my life. You are the queen of my heart who will reign there forever.
- Marrying you is the most beautiful Christmas miracle that happened in my life, and I cannot thank God enough for this. Merry Christmas, my lovely wife.
- Our life together is the best gift ever still giving you this piece as a “Thank you” gift for warming up my heart. Merry Christmas, love.
- This Christmas cannot be enough brighter, more awesome, and happier because I have my beautiful wife beside me. Merry Christmas, sweety.
- There is nothing in this world that makes me happier than spending this special night with my loveliest wife. Have a beautiful Merry Christmas.
- Merrily and gratefully,
- Thinking of you with lots of love at Christmas.
Funny Christmas wishes for husband
The Christmas season is here once again, and it’s time to send a special message to your husband to let him know how important he is to you. The following holiday expressions will melt his heart, make him laugh, or simply cause him to be thankful he’s married to someone who loves him as you do. Choose your favorites Christmas wishes for your husband to send throughout the season, and he will be blessed.
- Of all the people in the world, you are the only one I want to spend Christmas with. I’m blessed to be your wife.
- Precious husband, I look forward to spending the holidays with you.
- Sending wishes for warmth and wooly sweaters as we enjoy the firelight together this Christmas, beloved husband.
- Dear husband, may our bonds be unbreakable at Christmas and forever.
- Hubby, you deserve gifts of love, happiness, and warm cookies this Christmas.
- You, dear husband, deserve to be kissed from the top of the tree to the top of my list.
- It’s Christmas Eve! Do you believe it? Let’s enjoy the magic of the night in each other’s arms, beloved husband.
- Sweet husband, I’m sending you wishes for uncountable kisses!
- My eyes are filled with wonder at Christmas and all year through whenever they look at the man who is you.
- Husband, I’m sending you a blizzard of happy wishes for a joyful, merry Christmas.
Writing tip: It’s a big deal when family or friends are celebrating their first Christmas as a married couple, in a new house, with a new baby, or any other exciting holiday firsts. Be sure to call it out in your personal message to them.
Christmas wishes for my boss
Christmas is a time to send festive greetings to all the important people in your life – and that, of course, includes your boss. Call us jaded, but it seems more than a little obvious that you want to stay in the good graces of someone who writes your performance reviews and approves your vacation.
What might not seem obvious is what you should say in a holiday message to your boss. If you have a close personal friendship with her or him, you could go for one of the usual Christmas greetings. But for a more typical boss/employee relationship, a different sort of message is in order.
For ideas, check out the following list of Christmas wishes for the boss. These best greetings go great in a Christmas card, text message, or whatever medium you want to use to send your boss some holiday cheer.
- Merry Christmas to a boss who keeps the office humming along like Santa’s Workshop!
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to a great boss! Working for you has been a joy, and I look forward to all the opportunities and experiences the new year has to offer.
- Having you for a boss is a better gift than anything I’m liable to find under the Christmas tree. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
- Thank you for your leadership and support over the past year. I hope you get a chance to relax and spend plenty of time with loved ones over the holidays.
- Wishing you and your family all the best this holiday season. I’m lucky to have a caring and supportive boss like you.
- Having you for a boss is truly the gift that keeps on giving. May you get everything your heart desires this Christmas.
- Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season. Your hard work and dedication inspire us all.
- Merry Christmas, boss! Hope you enjoy your time off, and don’t have too much work waiting for you when you get back.
- Happy Holidays to a great boss! Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Christmas wishes for colleagues or coworkers
More time is spent working next to your coworkers than oftentimes spent at home with your family. These individuals play an integral part in our everyday life. From working in teams, seeking assistance, and sharing memories and stories, here is a look at some of the best Christmas messages for coworkers that will communicate how much they mean to you.
- May this Christmas bring joy and blessings in your life. Merry Christmas, dear colleague.
- Have a sweet and safe Christmas holiday. Wishing you a colorful Christmas season. Stay blessed!
- May your holidays be filled with love and rejoice. May you have a great time with your friends and family this Christmas! Sending my best wishes to you!
- May this Christmas bring you more success, more joy, and more happiness. Merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you!
- Wish you a heartwarming and cozy Christmas to you and your beloved family, dear co-worker. Stay safe, and stay blessed.
- I feel lucky to share the workplace with such an amazing and helpful person like you. Enjoy your holiday. May God always bless you. Merry Christmas!
Christmas wishes to say Thank you
There are lots of people who play a very specific, very special role in our lives—teachers, coaches, hairstylists, nurses, mail carriers, and so many more. They make a difference, and the holidays are a great time to let them know you’re thankful for them and everything they do.
- “We couldn’t let the holidays go by without thanking you for everything you do.”
- “Just want you to know how much you’re appreciated, by us and so many others.”
- “Grateful for you all year long, but feeling especially grateful for you at Christmas. Thanks for everything you do.”
- “Don’t know what I (or my hair) would do without you! Hope you have a merry Christmas.”
- “So thankful for all the heart you put into what you do. Merry Christmas.”
- “You mean so much to our family and so many others. Thank you for all of your hard work and for the caring way you do it.”
- “You’re so great at what you do, and I’m so thankful.”
- “I appreciate you. Just wanted to remind you of that.”
- “You deserve all the happiness one holiday season can bring. So glad you’re in my life.”
How to Say Merry Christmas in Different Languages
Whether you need to greet your dear ones living in a different part of the world, or you simply want to be different from others this Christmas by wishing your friend in his language, you may refer to this list of merry Christmas in different languages
How To Say Merry Christmas in English
In countries where the dominant language is English, people greet their others using this phrase: “MERRY CHRISTMAS”.
If you wish to make your Christmas greetings a little longer for your English-speaking loved ones and friends, here are some samples of merry Christmas messages in English:
May this season of love warm your home
May this brighten your roads with hope
Merry Christmas to you and your dear folks!
Finally, it’s Christmas time!
I’m sending you warm wishes this holiday season!
Enjoy every moment!
Heaps of blessings to come your way
And good cheers on Christmas day.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
How To Say Merry Christmas in German
But if you happen to be wishing to greet someone living in a country where the language used is German, no worries. So, how to say merry Christmas in the German language? Germans use this phrase: “Froehliche Weihnachten”. Let me give you a few lines of Christmas messages in German.
Mögest du in dieser besonderen
Grund zum Lachen finden.
English: May you find all the reasons to smile in this particular season. Merry Christmas!
Gebt Gloria zu Gott, sein Sohn ist bei uns!
Feiert diesen Tag mit offenem Herzen,
so dass er in unsere Leben treten kann.
English: Give glory to God because His Son is with us! Celebrate this day with an open heart so that He can enter our lives. Merry Christmas!
Möge dieses Weihnachten uns mehr Zeit schenken,
die liebevolle Präsenz von Jesus in unseren Herzen wahrzunehmen.
English: May this Christmas give us more time to experience the loving presence of Christ in our hearts. Merry Christmas!
How To Say Merry Christmas in Spanish
Feliz Navidad! Is the phrase used in saying Merry Christmas in countries such as Mexico, Spain, Guatemala, South America, and other countries where the dominant language being used is Spanish? So you’re looking for some samples of Spanish Christmas messages and greetings? Here are some:
Que los corazones encuentren paz y felicidad en la alegría de ésta Navidad. Feliz Navidad!
English: May hearts find peace and happiness in the joy of this Christmas. Merry Christmas
Que la alegría de ésta Navidad traiga felicidad para todo el año nuevo.
English: May the joy of this Christmas bring happiness for the entire new year.
Que la Navidad sea motivo para regocijo y celebración, y el Año Nuevo motivo para esperanza y fé.
English: May Christmas be the occasion for rejoicing and celebration, and may the New Year be the occasion for hope and faith.
How To say merry Christmas in French
Do you want to know how to say Merry Christmas in French? Well, you must be looking for that as you have friends and loved ones in a country like France where the dominant language being used is French. Joyeux Noël! That’s how they greet their loved ones. If you wish to send a greeting card with French Christmas messages, you may want to use these samples.
Que ce temps de joie, rempli ton coeur, avec amour débordant. Joyeux Noël!
English: May this season of joy, fill your heart with overflowing love. Merry Christmas!
Je vous souhaite tout le bonheur, la bénédiction, et une bonne santé. Joyeux Noël!
English: I wish you all happiness, blessing, and good health. Merry Christmas!
How to Say Merry Christmas in the Philippines
Maligayang Pasko! That’s how to say merry Christmas in Filipino. Tagalog is considered as the dominant language used by Filipinos. Here are some samples of Christmas messages in Filipino / Tagalog.
Mapuno sana ng kaligayahan ang iyong puso ngayong pasko,
Makasama mo sana ang mga taong malapit sa iyo
English: May your heart be filled with happiness this Christmas. May you be with your loved ones. Merry Christmas
Balutin nawa ng diwa ng pasko ang iyong tahanan,
Mahanap mo nawa ang kaligayahan at pag-ibig saan ka man naroroon.
Maligayang Pasko sayo at sa iyong pamilya.
English: May your hope be filled with the spirit of Christmas. May you find happiness and love wherever you are. Merry Christmas to you and to your family.
Ang makasama ka ang pinakamagandang regalo
na natanggap ko ngayong pasko,
Lubos akong nagpapasalamat dahil naririto ka sa tabi,
Maligayang Pasko, Mahal ko.
English: To be with you is the most precious gift I got this Christmas. I am very thankful because you are here with me. Merry Christmas, my love.
How To Say Merry Christmas in Italian
Buon Natale! That’s how to say Merry Christmas in the Italian language. Here are some samples of Italian Christmas messages and greetings for cards:
Buon Natale a voi e la vostra famiglia
Possiate essere benedetti con la felicità e la gioia
English: Merry Christmas to you and your family. May you be blessed with happiness and joy.
Rallegratevi! Il Re è nato!
Festeggia il Natale con il cuore colmo di gioia
English: Rejoice! The King was born! Celebrate Christmas with heart filled with joy. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas in Portuguese
But if you are wondering how to say merry Christmas in Portuguese, you’re just in the right place. Usually, the phrase “Feliz Natal!” is used. If you are looking for some samples of Christmas messages in Portuguese, here’s what I can provide:
Eu desejo que o seu Natal ser preenchido com todas as coisas que você sempre quis na vida … Feliz Natal!
English: I wish that your Christmas be filled with all the things you ever wanted in life… Merry Christmas!
Esta época de Natal, que você seja feliz. Feliz Natal!
English: This Christmas season, may you be happy. Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas in Croatian
Sretan Bozic! That’s how to say Merry Christmas in Merry Christmas in Croatia. However, the greetings may vary depending on the region you are in. “Vesele Vanoce!” is the phrase you can use when you are in the Czech Republic and “Cestitamo Bozic!” when you’re in Yugoslavia.
Merry Christmas in Chinese
There are two variations of greetings depending on the Chinese language you want to use. For example, if you wish to say Merry Christmas in Chinese Cantonese, Gun Tso Sun Tan’Gung Haw Sun. For Chinese Mandarin, you can say Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan.
Merry Christmas in Dutch
Zalig Kerstfeest! That’s how to greet Merry Christmas in countries where dutch-speaking people are residing. However, some variations may apply. For example, you can use a phrase like “Prettige Kerstdagen” in the Netherlands
Merry Christmas in Japanese
Merii Kurisumasu is the phrase used in greeting Merry Christmas in the Japanese language. Others may also use phrases such as Shinnen omedeto or Kurisumasu Omedeto!
Merry Christmas in Hindi
इस क्रिसमस मैं आपकी ख़ुशी और अच्छे स्वास्थ्य की कामना करता हूँ.
English: I wish you more happiness and good health this Christmas.
आपको एक ऐसा मिले जो बंडा के तहत आपके साथ इस छुट्टी का हिस्सा होगा !
May you find the one that you will share this holiday with under the mistletoe.
How to Say Merry Christmas in Different Languages
We only covered a few of the major languages around the world. But if you want to know how to say Merry Christmas in many other languages, here’s the complete list.
- Afrikaans: Geseende Kerfees en ‘n gelukkige nuwe jaar
- Aklanon: Malipayon nga Paskwa ag Mahigugmaon nga Bag-ong Dag-on
- Albanian: Gezur Krislinjden
- Arabic: Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
- Argentine: Feliz Navidad
- Armenian: Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
- Bahasa Malaysia: Selamat Hari Natal
- Basque : Zorionak eta Urte Berri On!
- Bengali: Shuvo Naba Barsha
- Bohemian: Vesele Vanoce
- Brazilian: Boas Festas e Feliz Ano Novo
- Breton: Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat
- Bulgarian: Tchestita Koleda; Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo
- Catalan: Bon Nadal i un Bon Any Nou!
- Chile: Feliz Navidad
- Chinese (Cantonese): Gun Tso Sun Tan’Gung Haw Sun
- Chinese (Mandarin): Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan
- Choctaw: Yukpa, Nitak Hollo Chito
- Columbia: Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo
- Cornish: Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth
- Corsian: Pace e salute
- Crazanian: Rot Yikji Dol La Roo
- Cree: Mitho Makosi Kesikansi
- Croatian: Sretan Bozic
- Czech: Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
- Danish: Glædelig Jul
- Dutch: Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar! or Zalig Kerstfeast
- English: Merry Christmas!
- Eskimo (inupik): Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!
- Esperanto: Gajan Kristnaskon
- Estonian: Rõõmsaid Jõulupühi
- Farsi: Cristmas-e-shoma mobarak bashad
- Finnish: Hyvaa joulua
- Flemish: Zalig Kerstfeest en Gelukkig nieuw jaar
- French: Joyeux Noel
- Galician: Bo Nada
- Gaelic: Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath Ã¹r!
- German: Froehliche Weihnachten
- Greek: Kala Christouyenna!
- Hawaiian: Mele Kalikimaka
- Hebrew: Mo’adim Lesimkha. Chena tova
- Hindi: Shub Naya Baras
- Hausa: Barka da Kirsimatikuma Barka da Sabuwar Shekara!
- Hawaiian: Mele Kalikimaka ame Hauoli Makahiki Hou!
- Hungarian: Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket
- Icelandic: Gledileg Jol
- Indonesian: Selamat Hari Natal
- Iraqi: Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
- Irish: Nollaig Shona Dhuit or Nodlaig mhaith chugnat
- Iroquois: Ojenyunyat Sungwiyadeson honungradon nagwutut. Ojenyunyat osrasay.
- Italian: Buone Feste Natalizie
- Japanese: Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
- Korean: Sung Tan Chuk Ha
- Latin: Natale hilare et Annum Faustum!
- Latvian: Prieci’gus Ziemsve’tkus un Laimi’gu Jauno Gadu!
- Lithuanian: Linksmu Kaledu
- Low Saxon: Heughliche Winachten un ‘n moi Nijaar
- Macedonian: Sreken Bozhik
- Maltese: IL-Milied It-tajjeb
- Manx: Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa
- Maori: Meri Kirihimete
- Marathi: Shub Naya Varsh
- Navajo: Merry Keshmish
- Norwegian: God Jul or Gledelig Jul
- Occitan: Pulit nadal e bona annado
- Papua New Guinea: Bikpela hamamas blong dispela Krismas na Nupela yia i go long yu
- Peru: Feliz Navidad y un Venturoso Año Nuevo
- Philippines: Maligayang Pasko!
- Polish: Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia or Boze Narodzenie
- Portuguese: Feliz Natal
- Pushto: Christmas Aao Ne-way Kaal Mo Mobarak Sha
- Rapa-Nui (Easter Island): Mata-Ki-Te-Rangi. Te-Pito-O-Te-Henua
- Rhetian: Bellas festas da nadal e bun onn
- Romanian: Sarbatori vesele
- Russian: Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom
- Sami: Buorrit Juovllat
- Samoan: La Maunia Le Kilisimasi Ma Le Tausaga Fou
- Sardinian: Bonu nadale e prosperu annu nou
- Serb-Croatian: Sretam Bozic. Vesela Nova Godina
- Serbian: Hristos se rodi
- Singhalese: Subha nath thalak Vewa. Subha Aluth Awrudhak Vewa
- Slovakian: Vesele Vianoce. A stastlivy Novy Rok
- Slovene: Vesele Bozicne. Screcno Novo Leto
- Spanish: Feliz Navidad
- Swedish: God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt År
- Tagalog: Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon
- Tamil: Nathar Puthu Varuda Valthukkal
- Trukeese: (Micronesian) Neekiriisimas annim oo iyer seefe feyiyeech!
- Thai: Sawadee Pee Mai
- Turkish: Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
- Ukrainian: Srozhdestvom Kristovym
- Urdu: Naya Saal Mubarak Ho
- Vietnamese: Chung Mung Giang Sinh
- Welsh: Nadolig Llawen
- Yugoslavian: Cestitamo Bozic
A warm closing before your signature is like the bow on top! Choose one of ours, or come up with one of your own.
- With love,
- Lots of love,
- Love always,
- Much love to you,
- All my love,
- Best wishes!
- Warmest wishes at Christmas and always,
- Merry Christmas!
- Hope and peace to you and yours,
- Wishing you joy,
- Best regards,
- Warmest wishes,
- Happy holidays,
- Cozy wishes,
- Heavenly peace,
- Wishing joy to your world,
- Christmas blessings,
- God bless,
- Hugs and kisses,
- Peace out,
Christmas card messages are just one small part of the entire holiday experience. Here at 194 Craft House, we love everything about this magical time of year! We’re experts at everything from composing happy holiday sayings to snapping unique family Christmas photos to managing holiday stress. Our passion is making your life a little easier and more beautiful with great designs from a community of independent artists. So whether you’re wondering what do you write in a Christmas card, how do you choose a great Secret Santa gift or what are the most adorable ways to announce your new bundle of joy in your holiday greetings, 194 Craft House has your back!